While many people dream of having a fragrant, fresh Christmas tree in their homes, the fear of fire stops them. It's important to know live Christmas trees do not start fires, people do, and with the right knowledge and precautions, they are perfectly safe!
We want to take this opportunity to share our safety tips when decorating with a real Christmas tree so that you and your family can enjoy the Christmas season and your real Christmas tree to the fullest:
- Check all electric lights and connections before decorating.
- Don't use any lights with worn or frayed cords.
- NEVER use lit candles on your tree.
- Don't overload the electrical outlets.
Place your tree away from fireplaces, radiators, television sets, and other heat sources. These elements can prematurely dry out your tree.
- Check your real Christmas tree's water levels to keep it from drying out.
- ALWAYS turn off all decorations before going to bed at night or anytime that you leave home.
By taking sensible precautions, you can feel confident that you and your family can enjoy a safe, happy holiday season in a beautifully decorated home with a fresh Christmas tree from Wishon Evergreens!