FOOD SAFETY STANDARDS
AS A COMPANY, WE ARE FULLY COMMITTED TO THE SAFETY AND WELL BEING OF OUR EMPLOYEES, CUSTOMERS, AND END CONSUMERS. INCLUDED BELOW IS OUR FULL FOOD SAFETY STATEMENT, DOCUMENTING OUR COMMITMENT TO THESE PRINCIPALS. PLEASE CONTACT US IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS.
Each of us at Wishon Evergreens, and its subsidiary Appalachian Produce Company, has a moral obligation to safeguard our customers and the environment by aspiring to operate a safe, injury free and healthy workplace.
Our primary concern is maintaining the highest standards by complaining with all relevant legislation and approved codes of practice
Food Safety Policy Statement
To ensure best practice, we have developed a common minimum operating standard. This is based on industry regulatory requirements and is being introduced to our operation. We regularly measure compliance against these standards by implementing performance objectives. This assure our clients and customers that the produce we provide is safe and meets quality expectations.
Specifically, we require that:
- Harvesting, packing and shipping is conducted under sanitary conditions that does not present any risk of contamination.
- All the employees are provided with the information, training and tools necessary to do their job in a hygienic and compliant manner.
- Employees must comply with all company Food Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Management assumes the role of employee supervision for compliance with and performance of these standards.
- We expect similarly high standards from our suppliers and contractors.
It is my responsibility as President and Owner to ensure that the appropriate resources, including human and financial ones, are committed towards implementing this policy in our operations and communicating them to all our employees
Our Food Safety Plan will be considered at every management meeting of Wishon Evergreens. The Food Safety Board will review this policy annually. ensuring that it continues to reflect the aims and aspirations of the company. Our report will introduce new legislative requirements and document compliance with current standards
John F. Wishon Jr.
Wishon Evergreens LIC